£35,744 - £39,880,
Full Time - 37 hrs & 52 week
Solent Academies Trust, are currently looking to recruit a Management Accountant to be part of their busy and dynamic Central Finance Team. As part of the Central Team, you will be working closely with the Chief Financial and Operations Officer and will play an integral part in the finance function including the oversee and delivery of the management accounts for the Trust.
Ideally you will have recent relevant experience within an Academy, College, Charity or similar, plus be qualified by experience or a Qualified/Part Qualified in ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA
- Prepare monthly management accounts and budget monitoring reports for the Trust highlighting areas requiring attention to the CFOO.
- Support the Finance Managers and Finance Officers in month end routines and reconciliations.
- Ensure monthly management information is accurate and fulfils the requirements of the Trust.
- Ensure monthly and year-end payroll routines such as EOY and P11D’s are completed within the specified time scales.
- Supporting the CFOO in preparation of Trust-wide financial manuals and guidance notes.
- Supporting the CFOO in routine admin tasks when requested.
- Support the CFOO in the preparation of annual accounts, budgets, DfE returns and other financial statements in accordance with the Companies Act 1985 and DfE requirements.
- Maintain the accruals/prepayments/accrued income/deferred income, depreciation and the fixed asset registers.
- Contribute to the training and development of the Central Finance Team where required and support understanding of Financial Accounting.
- Providing support and guidance to central team and academies in the use and operation of The Trust’s finance system.
- Support with the preparation of The Trust’s VAT return.
- Line Manager for the Trust’s finance team
If you wish to discuss this post further, please contact CFOO Sam Galloway - CFOO@solentacademiestrust.info.
Please submit a completed Trust application and cover letter too firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only completed Trust applications will be considered.
Closing date: 12th July at Noon
Interview: To be advised
Solent Academies Trust welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. Only applications submitted on the academy’s application form will be accepted Solent Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.